Saturday, April 14, 2007

America's Walking City

Boston has been called "America's Walking City", and I proved it today. I took the T just a few stops and then walked to the Museum of Fine Arts - a five-mile roundtrip trek from my house. I didn't stay at the museum for long, I just wanted to familiarize myself with the area. I sat out in the courtyard, browsed the museum shop, meandered through some Monets, Seurats and Degas, and then left to do some windowshopping. I returned some stuff to Bed Bath & Beyond and browsed this great art store called "Brick", which is just MASSIVE, and has all. sorts. of art equipment. Eeeeeee!

I came home and looked through 35 (thirty. five.) pages of comments on the TWoP boards for the recent FNL season finale. After thinking about it, re-watching the episode, and having a few personal epiphanies, I realized that while it might not be one of the strongest episodes of the season, I still enjoyed it immensely.

After that, I re-watched "Mulan", bookmarked a bunch of Harvard jobs, and I'm probably going to crash pretty soon. All in all it was a very nice day. The Red Sox played a home game today, so I got to see all the faithful headed to the stadium. It's still chilly, but not too much so. I will definitely be happy when things start to bloom again, though - six months of winter is enough already!

Spoke with Mom this morning and she's doing really well. It's nice to hear her and Wolfgang so happy - they're really enjoying spring in Germany.

No comments: