Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Glockenspiel

Today was a brilliant, magnificent day for so many reasons. One, the lawyers I was working for were too busy to give me the TON of work they gave me yesterday. Two, my temp agency found a substitute for me for the rest of the week, and I trained her today, which = I don't have to go back. YAY!

I had a great "Friday Night Lights" dream which involved Jason Street, of all people, telling me how awesome and talented I was, which was great fun.

On the way home from the law firm, which happens to be located in Boston's downtown pedestrian district, I realized I was hearing bells. I thought it might be a church, but there were no churches nearby. I found myself at a corner where they got the loudest, and I looked UP -

- and saw a Glockenspiel. :jawdrop:

In Germany, glockenspiels are all over the place. They're kind of the equivalent of music boxes built into the buildings and town squares, but with REAL BELLS, and ancient mannequin dancers or jousters or just a really complex watch system. And granted, this was nothing like that, because it was just several bells on the corner of the old Filene's Basement building, but...

It was playing THE GODFATHER THEME. I thought I would die from the happiness. It was just. Brilliant. And people were walking around, not noticing, talking on their cell phones, and I wanted to tackle them and say "LISTEN! I have not seen or heard anything like this in pretty much ANY OTHER PART OF THIS COUNTRY, do you know how COOL THIS CITY IS?"

I mean. Sigh. I *love* the european touches of this city, I truly do.

I picked up my paychecks from the temp agency, which I shall deposit tomorrow; got my "Curly Girl" book from Borders, which I've already read through to the end and am going to take with me when I shop tomorrow; watched a new episode of "Gilmore Girls", which was really great, and I thoroughly enjoyed even though it wasn't "Friday Night Lights"....

All in all, just a really GREAT day. Tomorrow I get to stay home for the most part and apply for jobs. I'll brave the horrific wind and rain to go food shopping & hair product shopping, but that's it - and I'll go back to work on Thursday. My IRS and NY State refunds should be deposited this week, which I'm also really looking forward to.

Sooooo relaxed and at ease. Life is good.

2 comments:

samael7 said...

Hopefully this will continue to brighten your day.

I love photoshop stuff, as you know. Possibly you remember when I actually did some 'shopped collages and put them in the University Club auction for AIDS charities years ago, as well, of course, as Shellian's visits and her wonderful gift of the Wacom tablet, which I've started using again.

Anyways, Fark has some funny ones, and one series in particular of fused movies that I linked to last year. A few examples are there.

Someone else got the idea on Worth1000.com. Change a single letter in a movie title to get a new movie.

Some good entries. The Depanted, Ratman, and this one, which made me immediately think of you, The Lives of Otters!

Unknown said...

The Curly Girl book is my BIBLE. It's excellent.