Monday, May 21, 2007

Second Time Around

I got a call today from Massachusetts General, asking me to come in for a second (and if I'm understanding correctly, final) interview for the Communications Director position. Wheeee!

I'll be meeting with the VP for Public Affairs on Thursday at 12:30 p.m. Please keep me in your thoughts, because I think this could be a really excellent opportunity for me, as well as a really good fit for my personality.

It was drizzly and overcast in Boston all this weekend, and while I felt like I had a bit of cabin fever, I also realized how much the Northeast reminds me of southern Germany. I walked to Whole Foods to pick up some groceries and was nearly dancing in the light raindrops on the way home (just enough to soak my hair, not enough to soak my scalp), brushing super-saturated evergreen tree branches with my hands as I walked past, checking out collected droplets on pansies and hanging boughs of wisteria. God, I do love my neighborhood. And no one was outside, since it was raining - I felt like I was in my own little gingerbread rainforest. It was delightful.

I arrived home just as it began to rain harder, curled up on the couch with some coconut chicken thai soup from the corner restaurant, and watched Girl with a Pearl Earring. What a great way to spend a rainy afternoon.

2 comments:

samael7 said...

Gypsy lady! West Coast? Again?? Heh.

In other news, I will be in Boston this year, August 24th hopefully through September 3. Definitely through the 27th. DON'T GO OUT OF TOWN!!!!!!

whiteotter said...

Aha! Now I find the aforementioned comments...

I am typing these dates into my Google calendar as we speak, and I vow to NOT go out of town. :) I miss you! It's wonderful that I'll get to see you, that really brightens my day.

XOXOXO