Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I'm feeling a bit better today, despite yesterday's bad news that the hospital had chosen another candidate for the director position. Friends really came out of the woodwork yesterday to be supportive through emails, multiple phone calls, and a few offers to storm the hospital and beat various administrators into submission.

My favorite moments:

* almost immediately receiving an email from Sean, of all people, demanding "Goddamnit! What the hell is wrong with these people?!?"
* Jonathan taking my call on his lunch break and just letting me talk and cry. Sniff.
* Margaret telling me I'd dodged a bullet, because clearly the people there were MORONS, and therefore it was fortunate that I wouldn't have to deal with their moronosity.

One sign that I'm actually kind of low at the moment is that I called my Mom this morning, and that's been a crap shoot for many years. She could be supportive, she could be kind of aloof and unapproachable. You just couldn't be sure. But - in large part, since she's gone through her battle with breast cancer and been accountable for some things and tried to make up for some of her choices and really work for forgiveness - she was really there for me today, which was wonderful. She was supportive and encouraging and told me to not give up on myself, and that it had nothing to do with me personally, and so on and so on. All the things you hope to hear from your Mom when you're in a situation like that. And she was really very sad and disappointed for me, which was also nice.

And that helps me to feel a bit better today. My heart doesn't hurt quite so much.

No comments: